Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Morgan Leykam

Hey everyone! I started a Syracuse map on the OGM system, but I'm having some problems updating it. I can't log back in because it says my log-in information is invalid. Andrew and I are in communication about it, so hopefully we can get it figured out. Otherwise, I've spoken with a few of the sites that I usually frequent when I'm at school, asking them if they know of any other sites I could add. It's been really helpful, but I can't wait for my lease to start so I can get up there!

I've been thinking more and more about how I want my map to be received by my audience when it's finished. I would really like the university to make it apart of their orientation materials and for professors and RA's to promote it. My freshman year, to encourage students to get out, support downtown business owners, and take advantage of Syracuse's cultural sites, everyone was given a credit card with $25 or $50 dollars on it (I can't remember). As you can imagine, no one used it for that. I think a Green Map is a great way to alert students of great places that support the the enviornment too. My next mission is to find out who I should contact about map circulation. Maybe I could just promote it myself and go from class to class and start a buzz, we'll see. I'm also trying to figure out how to make this map apart of my senior project. I want to make an argument for local action effectiveness for sure, but how I'm going to develop that idea I'm not sure. We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment